St. Patricks Day 2019
Saint Patrick’s Day is celebrated all over the world by the Irish community and is a traditional day for spiritual renewal and offering prayers for missionaries worldwide. Saint Patrick is the patron saint and national apostle of Ireland and is credited with bringing Christianity to Ireland. Saint Patrick’s Day is celebrated on the 17th of March as theory has it that this was the day that he died.
This day is celebrated with parades, wearing green, music, songs food and drink, and activities for kids such as crafts, colouring and games. The shamrock is the national flower of Ireland and the reason being is that St. Patrick used it to explain the Holy Trinity to the pagans.
Shopping center Puerto Rico are proud to be taking part in this celebration, which will start on Friday 15th right through to Sunday 17th. There will be a stand in the main shopping centers passage way where we invite you all to come and take a free photo between 18:00 and 22:00 from the 15th to the 17th.
The very talented O'Neill and Allsopp Flute Band that have flewn in from Belfast especially for this occasion due to the growing community of Irish businesses inside the Shopping Center and the regular visits of Irish tourists that come back year after year to celebrate this special day here on the island will be privileging the main streets of the shopping center with their gifted music.
So from Shopping Center Puerto Rico we look forward to seeing you all this year again.
Find pictures taken in the Shopping Center Puerto Rico :
- Tuesday 12th of March 2019 - Pictures around the Shopping Center
- Wednesday 13th of March 2019 - Pictures around the Shopping Center
- Friday 15th of March 2019 - Pictures around the Shopping Center
- Friday 15th of March 2019 - Pictures at the stand
- Saturday 16th of March 2019 - Pictures at the stand
- Sunday 17th of March - Pictures taken at the stand - 001
- Sunday 17th of March - Pictures taken at the stand - 002
- Sunday 17th of March - Pictures taken at the stand - 003
- Pictures at Dicey Reillys Irish Bar 17.03.2019
- Pictures taken at 19th Hole Bar 17.3.2019
- Pictures taken at Talk of the Town 17.03.2019
- Pictures taken at Molly Malones 17.03.2019
- Pictures taken at The Sun Spot 17.03.2019
- Pictures taken at The Pub 17.03.2019
- O´Neill & Allsopp Flute Band
What´s On and Where ?
Dicey Reilly´s Irish Bar
Dicey Reilly´s Irish Bar will be showing all live sports including Rugby Six Nations :
Saturday the 16th at 14:45 pm Wales vs Ireland and at 17:00 pm England – Scotland
It will be their 13th anniversary and as every year will be celebrating with a courtesy BBQ and t.shirts, top musicians, and guest hosts. Live Irish music all day from 13:00 to 15:00.
- Dale Dale
- Frank Mckernan
- Robbie Mcmillen
- Leo Barradine
- Tipperary Sean
- Donni Cammons
Molly Malones will openining in the afternoon and on the evening as usual, they will be offering live music from their resident band with special guest appearances and dancers.
Murphy's Kitchen will open as always from early in the morning but will be putting on a delicious Irish Stew as well as the normal menu They will also be showing live sports and rugby matches.
The Shamrock Bar will be opening as usual during the day showing live sports.
They will have life music:
- From 16:00 to 18:00, Donegal Martin and Kinda Kenny.
- From 20:00 to 21:30 The one and only Tony from Dublin.
- From 21:30 to 23:45 Shamrockers Tony, Gary and Sandro.
- From 23:45 to 01:00 The lovely Elsa Jean Mctaggart as the Fiddler.
Horse & Jockey
At Horse & Jockey it will be a day and night of sport, music, singing and craic.
Live music from 17:00 onwards featuring Tipperary Sean Slattery, Jason Byrne from Dublin, and Christy Jane from Dublin, Karaoke with Shona Mclean.
The will be serving authentic Guinness Irish Stew courtesy of the house with a crusty roll, and there will be giveaways, hats and t-shirts. -
The Sun Spot will be showing live sports during the day.
Then later on providing live entertainment from 17:00 to 19:00 and then from 20:00 to 00:00, there will be special Irish Stew and sandwiches available courtesy of the house
In 19th hole the talented O'Neill & Allsopp band will be there all week to gift the bar with traditional Irish music from 10.00 to 00.00 and on Sunday day and night.